Skip to main content

Exercise note from appt with Jemal

Protein intake
1.2g/kg maintain (78g)
2g/kg grow (130g)

Proper diet is 70% of the battle.

Increase calorie intake as well, 2500 to 3000.
Recommend peanut butter scoop to shakes, or other nuts or good fats like avocado, pbj as a snack. That will add calories. Not a fan of weight gainers bc not as nutritious.

Deadlifts... Single best growth exercise as it incorporates every major muscle group.
Do 5 sets with 10 reps.

You can build a great workout around deadlifts.

Another good one is pull ups.
As for the core, if done properly needs rest like other groups.
Rest important between sets. Major group workout up to 2 mins. Minor up to 1 minute. You can get super sets in between rests.

Super sets are great. Recommend.

Steam room / sauna are both great for recovery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's awesome, wonderful work!

Here is an excerpt from an email that a co-worker has sent to me:   “ What church do you and your wife go to? I have been thinking alot lately about going to church. I have never really attended church and don't know much about the bible. But I have a desire to know. I feel strange just waltzing into a church and being lost.”   How awesome is the work of the Lord! And that we can take part in it! Woah! Alleluja!

I no longer make the best fried fish

Last night for dinner I made some fried fish. Aliza said it is the best fried fish. This morning, it is the first thing she said also, "Daddy, you make the best fried fish". I hugged her, and we went downstairs. It's Monday, so I'm getting some things ready before I head out the door, and she asked for some chocolate covered pretzels...I gave her a couple and she cries out for more. When I denied her request for more, she cries and yells "You don't make the best fried fish!"