Skip to main content

How is your fruit?

You were appointed, chosen, to be a fruit bearer.
Gal 5:16-26

One question to ask yourself: am I more in love with Jesus today than a year ago?

Do I bear more fruit for the Lord today, than a year ago?

Think about this: everything has a cycle. Season, dishwashers, marriages, addiction, and even producing fruit for the Lord.

Heb 10:14 you are immediately made sanctified in Christ.

:::Cycle of fruitfulness:::

1) recognize the Spirit and walk in the Spirit, and so you will drive out sin. Kind of like a room that is dark because the light is not on; to "remove" the dark, you turn on the light (See Gal 5:16-26, Rom 6:10-11; see yourself dead to sin)

2) application: sow into the Spirit
(See Gal 6:7-9, Rom 6: Paul says our old sin nature is dead when we are with Christ. What Christ killed, what are we doing resurrecting it?)

So why do we still sin? Because though your Spirit is renewed, your mind and your flesh still speak your old language. In a way, your habits have to be conformed to your NEW life, and not to the old. I've heard that it takes 21 days to change a habit.
Rom 12:2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's awesome, wonderful work!

Here is an excerpt from an email that a co-worker has sent to me:   “ What church do you and your wife go to? I have been thinking alot lately about going to church. I have never really attended church and don't know much about the bible. But I have a desire to know. I feel strange just waltzing into a church and being lost.”   How awesome is the work of the Lord! And that we can take part in it! Woah! Alleluja!

I no longer make the best fried fish

Last night for dinner I made some fried fish. Aliza said it is the best fried fish. This morning, it is the first thing she said also, "Daddy, you make the best fried fish". I hugged her, and we went downstairs. It's Monday, so I'm getting some things ready before I head out the door, and she asked for some chocolate covered pretzels...I gave her a couple and she cries out for more. When I denied her request for more, she cries and yells "You don't make the best fried fish!"