Skip to main content

Sermon from church

Sermon @ The Well

1 Pet 2:20-25
Heb 11:1
We were healed by the stripes that Jesus suffered. Were, past tense. Confident expectation.
1 Pet 2:21
A fatal mistake: thinking that you can make it and succeed by your own decisions and talent.

Is there something that you're trying to do yourself that He already has done for you.

He takes away the sins of the world.

1 Tim 6:6

In order to be yourself, you have to know who you are in Christ.
Its Christ Himself, He bore our sins Himself. Don't think you are bringing anything to the table by you own merit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's awesome, wonderful work!

Here is an excerpt from an email that a co-worker has sent to me:   “ What church do you and your wife go to? I have been thinking alot lately about going to church. I have never really attended church and don't know much about the bible. But I have a desire to know. I feel strange just waltzing into a church and being lost.”   How awesome is the work of the Lord! And that we can take part in it! Woah! Alleluja!

I no longer make the best fried fish

Last night for dinner I made some fried fish. Aliza said it is the best fried fish. This morning, it is the first thing she said also, "Daddy, you make the best fried fish". I hugged her, and we went downstairs. It's Monday, so I'm getting some things ready before I head out the door, and she asked for some chocolate covered pretzels...I gave her a couple and she cries out for more. When I denied her request for more, she cries and yells "You don't make the best fried fish!"