Skip to main content

Marriage small group

its not about me.
the less you are in the Word, the less you know. it brings a reality check.

self pity is pride also. bc at the center of your pity, is you.

with pride comes shame, hard heart, destruction, God will resist you.

if you want to be used by God, humility is the key.

"God, please give me Your grace to get over myself."

Remind yourself how God sees pride. Meditate how pride is affecting your life. Hate and detest pride. Keep the Bible open. Keep the Scriptures in front of your eyes.

One thing you can do to fight pride is deny your flesh. Don't do what your flesh desires.
You can humble yourself in fasting. Spend more time with God, bc you will become more like the ones you spend time with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's awesome, wonderful work!

Here is an excerpt from an email that a co-worker has sent to me:   “ What church do you and your wife go to? I have been thinking alot lately about going to church. I have never really attended church and don't know much about the bible. But I have a desire to know. I feel strange just waltzing into a church and being lost.”   How awesome is the work of the Lord! And that we can take part in it! Woah! Alleluja!

I no longer make the best fried fish

Last night for dinner I made some fried fish. Aliza said it is the best fried fish. This morning, it is the first thing she said also, "Daddy, you make the best fried fish". I hugged her, and we went downstairs. It's Monday, so I'm getting some things ready before I head out the door, and she asked for some chocolate covered pretzels...I gave her a couple and she cries out for more. When I denied her request for more, she cries and yells "You don't make the best fried fish!"