Skip to main content

Second Skin

I just watched a documentary film titled "Second Skin".
It was about addicted video gamers, playing for 11 hours or more a day.
Some of these gamers met another in a game, of the opposite sex most definately, and formed a relationship in real life.
Some played so much that they became depressed and wanted to take their life.
Some played because of a disability in real life, and the virtual worlds gave them more freedom.
Some played and ruined their relationships, jobs, family life.

A point was said toward the end of the film. If people are turning to these virtual worlds by the millions, what does that say about the real world?

I think this is a sad fact.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's awesome, wonderful work!

Here is an excerpt from an email that a co-worker has sent to me:   “ What church do you and your wife go to? I have been thinking alot lately about going to church. I have never really attended church and don't know much about the bible. But I have a desire to know. I feel strange just waltzing into a church and being lost.”   How awesome is the work of the Lord! And that we can take part in it! Woah! Alleluja!

To work on time

I had the intention of leaving to work on time this morning, but I left late because the freezing rain last night froze my door shut, and windows required heavy scraping. I was able to get in the car after some prying, and scraped a "hole" big enough to see ahead of me through the windshield (not best practice). After asking the Lord for help in getting to work on time, I arrived safely, and with a minute to spare :) Praise God!