Skip to main content

Things happen for a reason...

Last night, my wife asked to use my cell phone. I said sure, but then did not know where it was. We looked for about 5 minutes, in places I may have placed it, and without success. Not in my work bag, not in the office, not upstairs in the bedroom, not in the dining room. We decided to call mom, living 10 miles away, and ask her to call the cell phone, with hope that we will hear it ring.
 
We heard no ringing. After another 5 minutes of searching, I thought to look between the couch cushions... "I found something..." I said to Jessica. I felt the small object, and it was a usb stick with Jessica's homework. Jessica looked and said something in the regard of "I would have had trouble looking for this.", and she placed it in her purse. I thought, and said that maybe this was the reason why the phone was lost... that we may find this usb stick, and also mentioning that we will likely find the phone soon. With instinct, I went to my work bag, in which I already looked before, and checked a pocket which I have not looked into, but don't usually put the phone in. There it was!
 
We were both amazed at the witnessing of God's work. God spared us both from what could have been a frustrating search for a usb stick. Praise be to God Almighty, the Merciful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Distracted

Don't be d istracted by unimportant opportunities or things that don't matter This age contains a lot of things that can distract Don't be great at doing things that don't matter Not every appointment is a divine appointment Develop your skill to say no. Don't even say maybe if you know you should say no Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it Ephesians 5:16 Nehemiah 6:8-9

To work on time

I had the intention of leaving to work on time this morning, but I left late because the freezing rain last night froze my door shut, and windows required heavy scraping. I was able to get in the car after some prying, and scraped a "hole" big enough to see ahead of me through the windshield (not best practice). After asking the Lord for help in getting to work on time, I arrived safely, and with a minute to spare :) Praise God!