Skip to main content

Let me tell you something amazing!

Yesterday, Sunday, Jessica and I go arrive at church a little early, because we had to buy some plywood for the house before church, and had some time left. We were are at the church parking lot at around 9:30, and we waited until 9:45 to go inside.
I saw a good friend of mine walking inside a church, and went to the benevolence room, knowing that is likely where I would find him since he works there. While in the benevolence room, the leader of the benevolence ministry asked me to help out there after the service is over, because he had to leave early. I said sure; I've done it before a few months back.
After the service and prayer, I went to benevolence to help. After yet another 1 hour or so, clean up was taking place in benvolence. The benevolence ministry receives an abundence of varied bread. The few months ago, the left over loaves of bread were given to an Elgin organization, however, the bread is no longer accepted by that organization. Now, the bread is just thrown away.
My wife, seeing two large bags of loaves about to be thrown away, asked to pray together about what we should do. We asked God for guidance in the matter, and we both felt Elgin. Not more specific than Elgin. We asked God to guide us one step at a time, if that was His Will.
We took two large bags filled with loaves, and headed toward Elgin. I pictured us turning toward downtown Elgin, while driving, but something Jessica felt to speak out loud was not to get ahead of God, or fall behind, but to go with Him.
Driving quitely, I felt the Lord guiding me to turn right, which was in a direction away from downtown Elgin. We drove in a residential area, and I saw two late teen, early twenty, hispanic males walking on the oppsite sidewalk. I felt in my heart to stop and ask them if they wanted some loaves. My flesh thought something to the regard of "it's on the opposite side of the street" and "they are walking fast", and "what will they think?". I drove on.
We turn a few times in the housing areas, and I felt in my heart where to turn. I saw a man playing outside with who I think were his sons, and again I felt in heart to offer loaves to them. I passed them by, focusing on the "what will they think?".
We came to a stop sign, and I felt in my heart to turn left, and I did, and Jessica said that she felt to turn right. I thought, may as well turn right, because this is the first time Jessica spoke the guidance of the Lord. I proceeded to make a U-turn on the residential street, and stopped right in front of a door that had a cross on it. So, we made a U-turn at the cross.
As soon as we completed the U-turn, we saw an old couple on the sidewalk, walking in the opposite direction. I stopped the car, said "Here's a couple. Let's ask them. Can you talk?" Jessica replied "Uhm... ok... " and we began walking the few steps they passed beyond where we stopped.
"Hola, como estan? Somos de la iglesia, y tenemos pan en el caro que queriemos compartir." The people were hesitant at first, but they took with them 3 loaves.
This was so awesome!!! We both thought. How God has led us here. We then talked about doing this every Sunday, and also about placing a sign on the car, "The Bread of Life", or "El Pan de Vida". And how awesomely God has weaved this path, and how this can be a vehicle for telling people about Him!
We still had alot of the bread left, and as we headed closer to our home, Jessica said, "what will we do with the rest of the bread?" I said "We'll wait and see." A few moments later, we see some people sitting to the right of the street, and I turned on that street. We talked to them, asking them what they were doing there. They were there as part of public awareness campaign, to tell of unjust employer practices. We also told them about the bread that we had in the car. There were 3 ladies and 1 man. They ended up taking both bags and said that they had neighboors that they could share with! :) Amazing! We even were able to give them information cards from church! :) They were thankful. What a wonderful opportunity to share the Good News! Over bread! :) Praise God for His Goodness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Distracted

Don't be d istracted by unimportant opportunities or things that don't matter This age contains a lot of things that can distract Don't be great at doing things that don't matter Not every appointment is a divine appointment Develop your skill to say no. Don't even say maybe if you know you should say no Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it Ephesians 5:16 Nehemiah 6:8-9

To work on time

I had the intention of leaving to work on time this morning, but I left late because the freezing rain last night froze my door shut, and windows required heavy scraping. I was able to get in the car after some prying, and scraped a "hole" big enough to see ahead of me through the windshield (not best practice). After asking the Lord for help in getting to work on time, I arrived safely, and with a minute to spare :) Praise God!