Skip to main content
Recently, I have been failing in a recent commitment to discipline myself in study and obedience. I committed to scheduling 4 studies during the week, in early morning. The study included that of Scripture, Spanish, as well as physical exercise. Lastly, I want to be open to change from the routine that would be established, whenever God called!

I have been failing. I must continue to die to the flesh, when it lazies into bed in the morning. I need to re-realize everyday, that everything we have is from God, and to use everything for His Glory! As for the rebellion that I often feel, the rebellion by which I do what I want, how can I not walk in it? By surrendering to God as soon as I realize that rebellion! I must run to God!

The rebellion results in nothing but works done in vain; that is, works that are useless. I have rebelled this morning, when I went to make a phone call, contrary to God's call to read Scripture. The goal that I had by making that phone call did not come to pass.

Though I have experienced this rebellion before, with its consequences, I did it again.

O, how mightily patient our Lord is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Distracted

Don't be d istracted by unimportant opportunities or things that don't matter This age contains a lot of things that can distract Don't be great at doing things that don't matter Not every appointment is a divine appointment Develop your skill to say no. Don't even say maybe if you know you should say no Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it Ephesians 5:16 Nehemiah 6:8-9

To work on time

I had the intention of leaving to work on time this morning, but I left late because the freezing rain last night froze my door shut, and windows required heavy scraping. I was able to get in the car after some prying, and scraped a "hole" big enough to see ahead of me through the windshield (not best practice). After asking the Lord for help in getting to work on time, I arrived safely, and with a minute to spare :) Praise God!