Skip to main content

A method of prayer

Has your prayer life gotten dry? Perhaps you can organize your prayer into specific sections to help.
Back in the day, Jewish people entered the outer courts only while praising God.
So anytime you go into prayer, begin by entering with praise. Praise Him for what He has done.
After the Jewish people entered the outer courts they went to the altar where sacrifice was made. For us, we should focus on the cross after praising and thank God for salvation in Jesus.
Then it was the laver, where people washed themselves. Pray for cleansing of your ears, eyes, etc to be renewed, and used for His glory.
Then there was the manora, a candle stick and it was the only source of light in the Holy of holies. Invite the work of the Holy Spirit in your life. The Holy Spirit is the fuel for the light. Who is the light? You are the light! Jesus said “you are the light of the world”.
Then there was the table of show bread. The high priest could eat the show bread. Claim the promises of God. Eat the Word. While praying, claim the promises of God over your life and read the Word. Matt 4:4
Then there was the altar of incense. The incense went up to God. During your prayer, worship God. Worship Him for who He is.
Then there was the Ark of the Covenant. This is where the priest was interceding on behalf of the people. Intercede for others. 1 Tim 2:1-2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's awesome, wonderful work!

Here is an excerpt from an email that a co-worker has sent to me:   “ What church do you and your wife go to? I have been thinking alot lately about going to church. I have never really attended church and don't know much about the bible. But I have a desire to know. I feel strange just waltzing into a church and being lost.”   How awesome is the work of the Lord! And that we can take part in it! Woah! Alleluja!

I no longer make the best fried fish

Last night for dinner I made some fried fish. Aliza said it is the best fried fish. This morning, it is the first thing she said also, "Daddy, you make the best fried fish". I hugged her, and we went downstairs. It's Monday, so I'm getting some things ready before I head out the door, and she asked for some chocolate covered pretzels...I gave her a couple and she cries out for more. When I denied her request for more, she cries and yells "You don't make the best fried fish!"