Skip to main content

Are you teachable?

Are you teachable?

Prov 12:1
Prov 9:11-12


"Character of unteachable people"
-Chronic failure John 16:3
-Argumentative and defensive nature Prov 9:8, 25:24, 27:15 (spirit of negativity, defensiveness, unforgiving, stonewalling)
-Isolation and withdrawal in times of difficulty Prov 18:1
-Blame transfer. You can't blame your response on someone else. "My response is my responsibility"
-Surrounding yourself w people who agree with you.

"Root causes of unteachable spirit"
-Pride Prov 16:18.
-Rebellion and independence
-Insecurity
-Foolishness Prov 22:15
-Laziness Prov 26:16

"Character of teachable spirit"
-Humility
-Graciously accepting correction Prov 9:8
-Seek counsel in times of decision
-Get advice from someone successful
-Submitting to authority and staying accountable

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's awesome, wonderful work!

Here is an excerpt from an email that a co-worker has sent to me:   “ What church do you and your wife go to? I have been thinking alot lately about going to church. I have never really attended church and don't know much about the bible. But I have a desire to know. I feel strange just waltzing into a church and being lost.”   How awesome is the work of the Lord! And that we can take part in it! Woah! Alleluja!
Amazing! We came to church today, and Jessica was feeling down. During the sermon, which was about faith, a statement was said by the pastor about not dwelling on the past, nor "what if's". In this statement, God had put on the pastor's heart to say a series of "if we had only..." statements, and one of them was "Do not say, 'if we had only stayed in Texas, things would be different'..." As the pastor said this, Jessica and I looked at each other, as we could relate :) Allow Peace and Love to dwell in you!

To work on time

I had the intention of leaving to work on time this morning, but I left late because the freezing rain last night froze my door shut, and windows required heavy scraping. I was able to get in the car after some prying, and scraped a "hole" big enough to see ahead of me through the windshield (not best practice). After asking the Lord for help in getting to work on time, I arrived safely, and with a minute to spare :) Praise God!