Skip to main content

Passover and Pentecost

Passover and Pentecost

Readings:
Acts 1:3-5
Mat 5:17

The three major feasts
1) The Passover
    Lamb sacrificed at 9am
    Lamb put in oven at 3pm
    Sacrifice covers sins


Correlates to Jesus crucified at 9am, buried at 3pm. However, Jesus REMOVES our sins.
1 Cor 5:7 Jesus didn’t cover our sins, Jesus removed our sins. These sins that are removed cannot come back to haunt you.

2) Pentecost
     Pentecost means 50. In Exodus, Cloud descended with loud noise and God wrote His law on tablets, later 3000 people died from worshiping golden calf.
     When The Holy Spirit came upon believers with a loud noise, The Holy Spirit became our teacher that day & 3000 people were added unto the body.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's awesome, wonderful work!

Here is an excerpt from an email that a co-worker has sent to me:   “ What church do you and your wife go to? I have been thinking alot lately about going to church. I have never really attended church and don't know much about the bible. But I have a desire to know. I feel strange just waltzing into a church and being lost.”   How awesome is the work of the Lord! And that we can take part in it! Woah! Alleluja!

I no longer make the best fried fish

Last night for dinner I made some fried fish. Aliza said it is the best fried fish. This morning, it is the first thing she said also, "Daddy, you make the best fried fish". I hugged her, and we went downstairs. It's Monday, so I'm getting some things ready before I head out the door, and she asked for some chocolate covered pretzels...I gave her a couple and she cries out for more. When I denied her request for more, she cries and yells "You don't make the best fried fish!"