Skip to main content

Be Intentional

“I will do it no matter what.
No matter how long it takes.
No matter what I have to give up.
No matter what I have to do.
I will see it through.”

Intent gets at the heart of our routine. 
Why do you do what you do every day?
Most of us live in response to what happens around us. We rely on what everyone else is doing and then we adapt to that. Your life will be what other people want it to be when you don’t have your own vision and are not intentional. In the vacuum of no plans, someone will fill that void with their own plans.

God is not going to make you change. 
You have to do your part. 
It takes effort and focus to become what God wants you to be.

Colossians 3:2
“And set you minds and keep them set on the things above, not on the things on earth.”


From sermon by Pastor Shawn at Watershed, Dec 31 2017. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Distracted

Don't be d istracted by unimportant opportunities or things that don't matter This age contains a lot of things that can distract Don't be great at doing things that don't matter Not every appointment is a divine appointment Develop your skill to say no. Don't even say maybe if you know you should say no Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it Ephesians 5:16 Nehemiah 6:8-9

To work on time

I had the intention of leaving to work on time this morning, but I left late because the freezing rain last night froze my door shut, and windows required heavy scraping. I was able to get in the car after some prying, and scraped a "hole" big enough to see ahead of me through the windshield (not best practice). After asking the Lord for help in getting to work on time, I arrived safely, and with a minute to spare :) Praise God!