Skip to main content

Best time spent is with God

After work yesterday, I spent some time outdoors, landscaping and cleaning. Afterwards, I wanted to relax, and so I thought about reading the Bible and spending time in prayer, and I also thought about watching "Survivor Man". I decided to read the Bible later, and so, I grabbed some snacks, and grabbed the remote.

For an hour, I watched the show, which was quite interesting, teaching about tips and techniques on survival in the arctic circle. But once the show ended, I changed the channel and watched a politics show on PBS for another one half hour, from which I did not take anything; that is, I feel I learned nothing useful. I turned off the tv set at the end of that show.

At bed time, when I took time to at last, pray and reflect, I realized I have made a mistake. The FIRST I ought to have done to relax was to be still, reflect and pray. Doing this, I know, would have set me straight. It's also very relaxing!

Until next time, peace :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Distracted

Don't be d istracted by unimportant opportunities or things that don't matter This age contains a lot of things that can distract Don't be great at doing things that don't matter Not every appointment is a divine appointment Develop your skill to say no. Don't even say maybe if you know you should say no Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it Ephesians 5:16 Nehemiah 6:8-9

To work on time

I had the intention of leaving to work on time this morning, but I left late because the freezing rain last night froze my door shut, and windows required heavy scraping. I was able to get in the car after some prying, and scraped a "hole" big enough to see ahead of me through the windshield (not best practice). After asking the Lord for help in getting to work on time, I arrived safely, and with a minute to spare :) Praise God!